The IsoMax Acoustic Decoupling Clip is a high-performing sound-reduction system designed to completely isolate walls and ceilings. This system offers an outstanding alternative to traditional wall and ceiling isolation methods such as standard resilient bars.
Attaching the IsoMax Clip to ceiling joists, timber and metal studs or masonry simply and easily secures the drywall furring channel, and decouples the gypsum board from the non-isolated structure. The resulting construction provides a resilient isolation solution for internal walls and ceilings.
- Offers a robust and higher performing alternative to traditional wall and ceiling isolation methods
- Outperforms standard resilient bar construction by up to 7dB*
- Withstands greater loads than standard systems to provide peace of mind for developers and dwellers
- Reduces the risk of error at installation stage, as screws cannot be inadvertently attached to the stud or joist through the resilient area
- Works as a space saving solution for either existing or new wall constructions, with minimal encroachment into living space
- For situations where fire protection is a consideration, fire rated wall and ceiling systems are also available
- Offers one of the most cost effective methods available to achieve superior noise control in walls and ceilings while using standard materials
*According to tests conducted in the USA.
All potential sound leaks; gaps around outlets, window, or door frames; pipe penetrations and the like should be sealed with a non-hardening acoustical sealant.
For information on other Kinetics® architectural and anti-vibration products available from CMS Danskin Acoustics, please contact your local branch.
Load Specification for IsoMax Clip System
The IsoMax Clip is designed to carry a drywall furring channel with one or more layers of gypsum wallboard attached.
The maximum design load capacity for the IsoMax Clip in shear (wall application) or in tension (ceiling application) is as follows.
Design load calculations are based on tested loading to failure where the furring channel deforms and pulls out.
Design Load Maximum for Wall or Ceiling Application 22kgs per IsoMax Clip.
For installation guidelines, download our technical data sheet here.